Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Butterfly Wreath

I was truly inspired by this butterfly wreath I saw on Pinterest. 
I wish I knew who made it so I could thank them for the inspiration.



So, of course, I had to give it a try and make one of my own with what I already have.


I picked up a heart shaped green wreath at Michael's (with a coupon! yay!).
I cut out the butterflies with a Memory Box die pair - one solid - one swirls.

I did the swirls with black card stock and did the solid background with white. 

I coloured each butterfly with 3 shades of Copic markers in 5 different colours. 

I glued the swirls over the coloured backgrounds and embellished with some small dots of Stickles Diamond.The dots don't show up well in the pics but add some nice detail in person. 

I used pins to attach the butterflies to the wreath in a colour blocked scheme.







I tied a bow and pinned it to the corner and voila!.




 A lovely bit of colour to welcome Spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment